Tuesday 15 October 2013

Forget Finding Nemo, this ones about Finding Emma

For a while now I've been feeling a little incomplete and lost. I noticed this feeling slowly creeping up on me when my youngest child started part time nursery last September. To begin with I enjoyed the 3 hours me time and the simple pleasures like completing work on time and enjoying a quiet cup of earl grey without distractions. But after a while I became bored of this, unhappy even. 
I have had this overwhelming feeling of not knowing where life is heading and not being happy about it. When I look back at when I felt happiest and complete it was when life was much simpler;when the kids were younger, technology wasn't quite as developed and we weren't trying to keep up with the Jones'.

In order to get back to that place I guess I need to start at the beginning and work from the inside out. I'm not one for self-help books but there was one that caught my eye in a quirky little bookshop in Greenwich. Even though I wasn't looking for one this book just seemed to jump out at me and after closer investigation it seemed almost a perfect fit with how I've been feeling recently.

Ever the sceptic, I reached for the book and began reading the blurb, it claims to be able to 'fix' me. Worth a shot right? I bought the book and am going to give it a go.

I'm not expecting miracles or even major changes but if this book can help me with even the baby steps I'll be on the right track.

Look out for updates on my progress.

Do you believe self-help books can really help us make changes? Or do you think they are just contrived drivel?

M xx

No comments:

Post a Comment